Saturday, October 18, 2008

A New Addition...


We promised the girls that when we moved to a "big" house we would get a dog. Well it came time to fulfil that promise. We had been checking the shelter periodically online and came across a 3 year old yellow lab. She was the one. So we officially brought Daisy Mae home on Wednesday afternoon and we love her already. She is very sweet tempered with a little bit of stubbornness (don't all women ;D?). The girls love taking her for walks and playing outside with her nonstop. This afternoon we took her on our Saturday adventure and hiked around the lake. It was so beautiful and a great afternoon together. Have we mentioned how amazing it is to have Joe home on the weekends???? Anyways, welcome to the family Daisy!















Have I also mentioned that Jackson is now 4 months old? How is it that time is going so fast? He is weighing in at a healthy 14 pounds (he is at 50% for height, weight and head circumference). He is such a cheery little guy and we love him to pieces. He is also so picky about eating. I had to go to a meeting this morning and was gone for a few hours. When I got home Joe said that he did great and the only time he cried was when he tried to feed him a bottle (both breast milk and formula). He just hung out and waited for me. 6 1/2 hours this little guy waited and when I walked in the door he looked at me and went from a smile to a pouty face to a little cry. That guy is too funny!

9 comments:

Katie Miller said...

Congratulations on the new member of the family! I know exactly how you feel, we were in love with our little Reeses the moment he was in our house. A dog is a lot of work but I think it is so worth it! And by the way Jackson is so so cute, what a sweet little face. I can't believe he is that old! We really miss you guys!

Elise and Dan said...

Awwww, she's is so cute! We recently went to the pet shelter, and I wanted to take them all home with me! And Mr. Jackson is growing so fast! I can't blieve he's already four months.

Karen said...

Your kids are so lucky to have a dog! Maybe you can talk Mike into getting one for me and Ethan.

PML said...

You are a nice mom! Macie is dying to get any type of animal but I just tell her we can't because we aren't in a house (even though we probably could). I don't know what I'll do when we buy a house...

Jaime said...

You finally did it, huh? Good for you...and the girls. I know how much they've always wanted a dog. Tell the girls that we are happy for them. Good luck with her!

Audrey said...

Oh Stef, please don't ever let my boys know that your kids were lucky enough to get a puppy! They have been begging since we moved to Idaho to get one! I can do an outside pup I think BUT with no yard yet I would feel too bad for the little thing!
I bet your kids are loving Daisy to peices!
You are look GREAT!

Audrey said...

I meant you ALL look great!

Anonymous said...

How fun. We need to get a dog. We are still debating if they are worth all the work... of course Josh wants to get a boxer puppy which is probably a whole different story than yours. Glad the girls love their new buddy.

Danny and Michelle King said...

You are braver than I am. I don't think I could handle a dog right now. Jackson almost weighs as much as Anna. She was only about 15 lbs at her 6 month check up.