We are sure getting the good life here in Colorado. I don't think we have ever been able to spend so much time with family, it is just wonderful! I just have to warn you it is major picture overload, I even had to make them into a movie because I just didn't want to miss anything.
So it all started 2 weeks ago when my Dad, mom and sister Stacia came out to visit. We started things off here in Pueblo West with a day on the lake. We rented one of the patio boats for a few hours and had a blast. There was a snake swimming across the top which totally creeped us all out but what great sight to see! The afternoon was spent running and jumping off the boat with a few flips that ended up back flops. What a day!
After a few days here with lots of swimming and even some fishing (Emily is now quite the fisherman) we headed up to Aunt Pam's in Evergreen. Dad had to go home and Joe stayed in Pueblo West but the girls still had fun :).There was so much we did! Jackson got to play with his cousins Maisie and Colten. We also got to see Allie and her hubby Scott, only to find out they are expecting!! Congrads you guys, we are so excited for you!!
One day we went over to Lakeside Amusement park and had as Emily says "the BEST day ever". The afternoon was spent on the kids rides and then we took a break and had a picnic at a local park only to head back for some serious night rides. Emily even went on that spaceship looking one that spins around like crazy while the music rocks out. I was so amazed and she loved it! Lizzy held her own on all the rides. She is so awesome!
We also spent an afternoon playing in the creek and at the park, another day at the outlets and the Gold Mine and Stacia and I even went on a little outing while the adults watched the kiddos. Uncle George even taught the girls how to play the harmonica. It was so cute how focused Emily was and how Lizzy just lets the music flow through her ;)Then on Saturday Aunt Pam hosted a joint birthday party for Jackson and Stacia. Jaime and Jered and Jenny were able to come up with their kids and everyone had a great day. Happy Birthday Stac! Then Scott coordinated a rafting trip for us! What fun! There were 7 of us so unfortunately we had to split boats but we did the intermediate run and I think we all loved every minute of it, even with the rain! I guess Jered almost fell out but kept his feet wedged tightly in and we almost lost Joe once but he is so quick to react, it was only a split second. On the little movie our boat is first with Joe, Stacia and I. The other boat had Uncle George, Jaime, Jered and Scott. Anyways, we couldn't have asked for a better vacation. Thank you all for such a great week!
10 years ago




1 comment:
Great photos, thanks!
Post a Comment