Well, we did it, or should I say I talked Joe into doing it? :) We got two little chicks. They are so cute and furry and the girls just love them. The best part is they decided without any arguing who gets which one! These little guys (well we hope they are girls) will live in a lighted box in the garage for the next 6 weeks before they are moved to a chicken coop in the backyard. After that we should start getting an egg a day from each of them around September. We are very excited to learn about these little guys and the girls already love feeding them! If any of the CO kids want to come see them, feel free to head over!
10 years ago




6 comments:
They are soooooo cute!!! I heard The Valdez's are getting some too! If I knew we were sticking around here, I would get some! Abree is going to be so jealous she loves animals.
How fun. I have been trying to talk Josh into getting chicks for the girls, but haven't convinced him that he wants to get a chicken coop figured out yet.
You seriously earn the medal of mother of the year! What FUN for the kids! We had chickens growing up and there is definately something about a homegrown egg that you just can't find at the grocery store! (i loved it when there was the occasional brown egg!) I didn't care for the small much (at all) so my sister took care of them and got paid a certain amount for the ones that survived and then was deducted for the ones that didn't make it. Love the good ol' days! You are creating them with the girls... love it!
ummm i meant "smell" not small
I am so excited for you guys! I had chickens growing up and it was a ton of work, but it was also a lot of fun. I think its very worth it! They are so cute too!
Did you have a cupon for the chicks?
Love Papa.
Post a Comment